.

.
Heidelberg, a university town that has the ability to steal your heart

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Athens

Tuesday March 1st
I always wanted to go to Jerusalem and when I saw that with most of the airlines I had to have a layover in Athens, I decided to book two separate tickets and stay a night in Athens. By the time I landed and got to my hotel near the Acropolis it was already 5:30 in the afternoon. It was so hot that I had to change out of my winter clothes into a t-shirt and shorts. I then headed to the Acropolis, which to my disappointment had closed an hour earlier. So I began to walk down the other side of the hill when I noticed a rock cliff that many people were sitting on. I climbed up and I saw that the sun was starting to set. I sat down and stared down at the city below, to the sound of the guitar of a Greek musician.


After the sun sunk below the mountains of the horizon, I headed down to the market. Everywhere you went you could find ruins of the ancient world. After eating a much needed Gyro


I walked around the city for a few hours, and for a Tuesday night, there were many people outside. The old white stone buildings, the people eating outside, and oranges on trees everywhere brought back nostalgia to childhood days in Syria.


After a cappuccino, I headed back to the hotel and had a cup of tea on the rooftop patio (for the view)

No comments:

Post a Comment