.

.
Heidelberg, a university town that has the ability to steal your heart

Friday, February 19, 2016

Paris

Sunday February 14th
During our semester break my mom came to visit me. I went to see her at her brother's house near Bremen in northern Germany and then we flew from Hamburg airport to Paris. After dropping our things off at the hotel we headed to the Arc de Triomphe. The next morning we headed to the Louvre, which to my surprise was the royal residence and seat of power of the French government until Louis XIV moved it to Versailles in 1682. Besides all the interesting paintings and priceless artifacts, a cool thing about the Louvre is that its free for European university students.



Once inside the first thing me and my mom wanted to do was to see the Mona Lisa, just like every other tourist. I was dumbfounded by how large the museum actually was due to how long it took us to get here.



To see the entire museum, one needs to spend a whole day there. But after about 6 hours we thought it was time to see other things in the city. So we went to the Eifel tower.




To the Bastille Monument


to Notre Dame Cathedral.

And back to the Eifel Tower at night


Unfortunately we were only in Paris for two days, so we did not have the opportunity to go to Versailles. That will have to wait until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment